- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Joe Beef Review
Dining at Joe Beef is a little like being invited to a dinner party by a couple of friends who just happen to be top-notch chefs. David MacMillan and Frédéric Morin were pioneers in Montréal's modern dining scene until they got tired of living on the edge and opened this little restaurant to rediscover the joy of cooking. Everything written on the chalkboard menu is simple and good, from the oysters to organic rib steak. Diners leaf through their copies of Joe Beef's new cookbook, while savoring dishes like lobster spaghetti. Take time to wander out back, where there's a vegetable garden, a greenhouse, a smoker, and 25 more seats.
- Address: 2491 rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3J 1N6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/935–6504
- Website: www.joebeef.ca
- Metro Lionel-Groulx.
- Location: Downtown and the Golden Square Mile
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more