- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Joe Beef Review
Dining at Joe Beef is a little like being invited to a dinner party by a couple of friends who just happen to be top-notch chefs. David MacMillan and Frédéric Morin were pioneers in Montréal's modern dining scene until they got tired of living on the edge and opened this little restaurant to rediscover the joy of cooking. Everything written on the chalkboard menu is simple and good, from the oysters to organic rib steak. Diners leaf through their copies of Joe Beef's new cookbook, while savoring dishes like lobster spaghetti. Take time to wander out back, where there's a vegetable garden, a greenhouse, a smoker, and 25 more seats.
- Address: 2491 rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3J 1N6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/935-6504
- Website: www.joebeef.ca
- Metro Lionel-Groulx.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- CA$169-$197 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Breakfast Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- $150 & up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% Off Le Westin Montreal
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
Didn't find much info/tips for this event weekend so thought I'd post a quick one for future lurkers. Read more
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
Okay, my fiancee and I were originally planning a honeymoon to Greece or Italy, but our costs have overrun on our wedding (common thing I hear) and so I figured to cut back on the price of our honeymoo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more