- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Hôtel le Square-Phillips et Suites
At a Glance
- great in-room kitchen facilities
- excellent rooftop sunbathing
- good shopping nearby
- dreary, spartan lobby
- not much nightlife nearby
- new furniture in the rooms is conventional to a fault
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hôtel le Square-Phillips et Suites Review
Home to movie crews and touring talent in Riverdance and Wicked, the rooms in this apartment-style hotel are homey—with fully equipped kitchens, living rooms, flat-screen televisions and fresh carpet. The art deco building, designed by Ernest Cormier (1885-1980), is situated right downtown near the icon department store La Baie, so you'll never get lost. After a busy day of shopping and museum-hopping, you can take a relaxing swim in the glassed-in pool on the rooftop or just take in the views from the wooden sundeck. Kids love the breakfast room, while parents appreciate the sun-filled laundry room.
- Address: 1193 rue Square-Phillips, Downtown, Montréal, QC, H3B 3C9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/393-1193; 866/393-1193
- Website: www.squarephillips.com
- Metro McGill.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- 80 rooms, 80 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $170.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- Explore Montreal For Less! Book Fr $149+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $36/night less
- Montreal 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $642 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We will be flying from NYC to Somewhere in Quebec for the last two weeks in August. The kids are 7 and 12. We want off the beaten path. I was thinking Gaspe and the islands, or perhaps Tadoussac...I Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more