- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Hôtel le Square-Phillips et Suites
At a Glance
- great in-room kitchen facilities
- excellent rooftop sunbathing
- good shopping nearby
- dreary, spartan lobby
- not much nightlife nearby
- the nice bathrooms make the rest of the room look drab
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel le Square-Phillips et Suites Review
Home to movie crews and performers on tour, the rooms in this apartment-style hotel are homey—with fully equipped kitchens and living rooms with flat-screen televisions and fresh carpet. The art deco building, designed by Ernest Cormier (1885–1980), is right downtown near the icon department store La Baie, so you'll never get lost. After a busy day of shopping and museum-hopping, you can take a relaxing swim in the glassed-in pool on the rooftop or just take in the views from the wooden sundeck. Kids love the breakfast room, while parents appreciate the sun-filled laundry room.
- Address: 1193 rue Square-Phillips, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3B 3C9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/393–1193; 866/393–1193
- Website: www.squarephillips.com
- Metro McGill.
- Location: Downtown and the Golden Square Mile
- 80 rooms, 80 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more