Tour Olympique Review
The world's tallest tilting structure—take that, Pisa—is the 890-foot tower that was supposed to hold the Stade Olympique's retractable roof. It looked great on paper, but never worked in practice, and the current roof is a permanent fixture. If you want a great view of the city, however, ride one of the cable cars that slide up the outside of the tower to the observatory at the top. On a clear day you can see up to 80 km (50 miles).
- Address: 4141 av. Pierre-de-Coubertin, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal, QC, H1V 3N7 | Map It
- Phone: 514/252–4141; 877/997–0919
- Cost: Observation deck C$22.50; 20-min. guided tour of Olympic complex C$5.
- Hours: Mid-June–early Sept., Mon. 1–10, Tues.–Sun. 9–10; early Sept.–Jan 9 and Feb. 17–mid-June, Mon. 1–6, Tues.–Sun. 9–6.
- Subway: Pie-IX or Viau
- Location: Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
View deals in Montreal for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More