- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Tour Olympique Review
The world's tallest tilting structure—take that, Pisa—is the 890-foot tower that was supposed to hold the Stade Olympique's retractable roof. It looked great on paper, but never worked in practice, and the current roof is a permanent fixture. If you want a great view of the city, however, ride one of the cable cars that slide up the outside of the tower to the observatory at the top. On a clear day you can see up to 80 km (50 miles).
- Address: 4141 av. Pierre-de-Coubertin, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal, QC H1V 3N7 | Map It
- Phone: 514/252–4141 Ext. 5246; 877/997–0919
- Cost: Observation deck C$22.50; 20-min. guided tour of Olympic complex C$5.
- Hours: Mid-June–early Sept., Mon. 1–10, Tues.–Sun. 9–10; early Sept.–Jan 9 and Feb. 17–mid-June, Mon. 1–6, Tues.–Sun. 9–6.
- Metro Pie-IX or Viau.
- Location: Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
A friend and I are planning a graduation trip to Quebec in early July. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more