- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Tour Olympique Review
The world's tallest tilting structure—take that, Pisa—is the 890-foot tower that was supposed to hold the Stade Olympique's retractable roof. It looked great on paper, but never worked in practice, and the current roof is a permanent fixture. If you want a great view of the city, however, ride one of the cable cars that slide up the outside of the tower to the observatory at the top. On a clear day you can see up to 80 km (50 miles).
- Address: 4141 av. Pierre-de-Coubertin, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal, QC H1V 3N7 | Map It
- Phone: 514/252–4141 Ext. 5246; 877/997–0919
- Cost: Observation deck C$22.50; 20-min. guided tour of Olympic complex C$5.
- Hours: Mid-June–early Sept., Mon. 1–10, Tues.–Sun. 9–10; early Sept.–Jan 9 and Feb. 17–mid-June, Mon. 1–6, Tues.–Sun. 9–6.
- Metro Pie-IX or Viau.
- Location: Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more