- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Chez l'Épicier Review
The menus at this classic French fusion restaurant are printed on brown paper, but the tables have crisp white linens and there's nothing down-market about the seasonal creative dishes: white asparagus soup with truffle oil, slow-poached salmon, osso buco, and a dessert called the chocolate "club sandwich" with pineapple "fries." Chef Godbout is a master of his trade and a meal at Chez l'Épicier is a feast of all the senses. Take a moment to browse through the small section of shelves that showcase some fine terroir ingredients, from top olive oils to tasty spreads. This is the kind of quiet place you go to canoodle with an old flame or new date.
- Address: 311 rue St-Paul Est, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1H3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/878–2232
- Website: www.chezlepicier.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon.–Wed. and weekends.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
A friend and I are planning a graduation trip to Quebec in early July. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more