- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Chez l'Épicier Review
The menus at this classic French fusion restaurant are printed on brown paper, but the tables have crisp white linens and there's nothing down-market about the seasonal creative dishes: white asparagus soup with truffle oil, slow poached salmon, and a chocolate "club sandwich" with pineapple "fries." When you get here, take a moment to browse through the small section of shelves that showcase some fine ingredients, from top olive oils to tasty spreads. This is the kind of quiet place you go to canoodle with an old flame or new date, sipping glasses of vino from the new wine cellar.
- Address: 311 rue St-Paul Est, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1H3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/878-2232
- Website: www.chezlepicier.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon.--Wed. and weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Montreal Savings! Book at Auberge du Vieux-Port Fr $579+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Montreal for Less: Hotels Fr $175+/Nt Travelocity
- 4-Star Montreal Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $897 Expedia
- $14.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We're thinking of taking a trip to Montreal during the first week of September. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more