- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Chez l'Épicier Review
The menus at this classic French fusion restaurant are printed on brown paper, but the tables have crisp white linens and there's nothing down-market about the seasonal creative dishes: white asparagus soup with truffle oil, slow-poached salmon, osso buco, and a dessert called the chocolate "club sandwich" with pineapple "fries." Chef Godbout is a master of his trade and a meal at Chez l'Épicier is a feast of all the senses. Take a moment to browse through the small section of shelves that showcase some fine terroir ingredients, from top olive oils to tasty spreads. This is the kind of quiet place you go to canoodle with an old flame or new date.
- Address: 311 rue St-Paul Est, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1H3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/878–2232
- Website: www.chezlepicier.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon.–Wed. and weekends.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more