- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Cirque du Soleil
Cirque du Soleil Review
This amazing circus is one of Montréal's great success stories. The company—founded in 1984 by a pair of street performers—has revolutionized the ancient art of circus.
Its shows, now an international phenomenon, use no lions, tigers, or animals of any kind. Instead, colorful acrobatics flirt with the absurd through the use of music, humor, dance, and glorious (and often risqué) costumes.
The Cirque has four resident companies in Las Vegas, one in Orlando, one in Los Angeles, and even one in Macau, China—but none in Montréal. However, every couple of years one of its international touring companies returns to where it all began, the Old Port, and sets up the familiar blue-and-yellow tent for a summer of sold-out shows.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- CA$169-$197 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Breakfast Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- $150 & up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% Off Le Westin Montreal
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
Didn't find much info/tips for this event weekend so thought I'd post a quick one for future lurkers. Read more
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
Flying into Montreal--What is the best way to get to Quebec City??? How many days --Short trip-Sat to Tuesday Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more