- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
La Ronde Review
Every year, it seems, La Ronde amusement park adds some new and monstrous way to scare the living daylights (and perhaps your lunch as well) out of you. The most recent addition, is Vol Ultime, an extreme tower ride that will hoist you up a full 148 feet—as high as a 15-story building—where it will then mercilessly spin you around at a speed of 60 km (37 miles) an hour. It began terrifying people in May 2012, joining such other stomach-turning champions as the the Ednor, the Goliath, the Vampire, and the Monstre. For the less daring, there are Ferris wheels, boat rides, and kiddie rides. The popular International Fireworks Competition is held here weekends and a couple of weeknights in late June and July.
- Address: 22 chemin Macdonald, (eastern end of Île Ste-Hélène) Île Ste-Hélène, Montréal, QC H3C 6A3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/397–2000; 800/361–4595
- Cost: C$52.99. C$42.99 if purchased online.
- Hours: Late May, weekends 11–7; early June–late June, daily 10–8; late June–late Aug., daily 11–10; Sept., weekends 10–7; Oct., Fri. 5 pm–9 pm, Sat. noon–9, Sun. noon–8. Open later on nights when there are fireworks.
- Website: www.laronde.com/larondeen
- Metro Jean-Drapeau.
- Location: The Islands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more