- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
La Ronde Review
Every year, it seems, La Ronde amusement park adds some new and monstrous way to scare the living daylights (and perhaps your lunch as well) out of you. The most recent addition, is Vol Ultime, an extreme tower ride that will hoist you up a full 148 feet—as high as a 15-story building—where it will then mercilessly spin you around at a speed of 60 km (37 miles) an hour. It began terrifying people in May 2012, joining such other stomach-turning champions as the the Ednor, the Goliath, the Vampire, and the Monstre. For the less daring, there are Ferris wheels, boat rides, and kiddie rides. The popular International Fireworks Competition is held here weekends and a couple of weeknights in late June and July.
- Address: 22 chemin Macdonald, (eastern end of Île Ste-Hélène) Île Ste-Hélène, Montréal, QC H3C 6A3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/397–2000; 800/361–4595
- Cost: C$52.99. C$42.99 if purchased online.
- Hours: Late May, weekends 11–7; early June–late June, daily 10–8; late June–late Aug., daily 11–10; Sept., weekends 10–7; Oct., Fri. 5 pm–9 pm, Sat. noon–9, Sun. noon–8. Open later on nights when there are fireworks.
- Website: www.laronde.com/larondeen
- Metro Jean-Drapeau.
- Location: The Islands
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
A friend and I are planning a graduation trip to Quebec in early July. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more