- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Not everyone thought it was a great idea to transform an Olympic bicycle-racing stadium into a natural-history exhibit, but the result is one of the city's most popular attractions. Four ecosystems—a boreal forest, a tropical forest, a polar landscape, and the St. Lawrence River—are under one climate-controlled dome. You follow pathways through each environment, observing indigenous flora and fauna. Keep in mind that the tropical forest is as hot and humid as the real thing, and the Québec and Arctic exhibits can be frigid. If you want to stay comfortable, dress in layers.
- Address: 4777 av. Pierre-de-Coubertin, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal, QC H1V 1B3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/868–3000
- Cost: C$18.75
- Hours: Late June–early Sept., daily 9–6; early Sept.–early Mar., Tues.–Sun 9–5, early Mar.–late June, daily 9–5.
- Website: www.biodome.qc.ca
- Metro Viau.
- Location: Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more