- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Hôtel Le St-James
At a Glance
- civility reigns
- Fodoristes like the lush experience and stately lobby
- kids get milk and cookies at check in
- rue St-Jacques is a very quiet street after 6 pm
- dog rate starts at $40 per day.-price?
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hôtel Le St-James Review
Rock royalty frequents this lavishly furnished luxury hotel, which quietly pampers European nobility, the business elite, and Hollywood moguls who appreciate the splendour. Dripping with Old World charm, Le St. James was once the Mercantile Bank of Canada. That explains why a former boardroom has 20-foot ceilings and lovingly restored murals of hydroelectric dams and waterfalls. Guest rooms include large marble bathrooms with separate tubs and showers. The water pressure is great, too, all the better to lather up with the supplied Molton Brown body products. Guests appreciate Bang & Olufsen sound systems, gas fireplaces, and the wrap-around terrace off the penthouse. The hotel restaurant, XO, was totally renovated in early 2010, adding a bar up front, modern booths, and metallic paint on the classical columns. The mini burgers on the bar menu are a must. Try to suppress a snigger when viewing the hotel owner's vanity portrait in the library.
- Address: 355 rue St-Jacques, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1N9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/841-3111; 866/841-3111
- Website: www.hotellestjames.com
- Metro Square-Victoria.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 23 rooms, 38 suites, 1 apartment.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $136.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- Montreal Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $211+/Nt Save with Expedia, $61/night less
- Top Vacation Sale! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $1,083 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
i am so confused about quebec city. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more