- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Hôtel Le St-James
At a Glance
- civility reigns
- Fodorites like the lush experience and stately lobby
- kids get milk and cookies at check-in
- rue St-Jacques is very quiet after 6 pm
- dog rate starts at $40 per day
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Le St-James Review
Rock royalty frequents this lavishly furnished luxury hotel, which has also pampered European nobility, the business elite, and Hollywood moguls who appreciate the splendor. Dripping with Old World charm, Le St. James was once the Mercantile Bank of Canada. That explains why a former boardroom has 20-foot ceilings and lovingly restored murals of hydroelectric dams and waterfalls. Guest rooms include large marble bathrooms with separate tubs and showers. The water pressure is great, too, all the better to lather up with the supplied Molton Brown body products. Guests appreciate Bang & Olufsen sound systems, gas fireplaces, and the wraparound terrace off the penthouse. The mini burgers on the XO restaurant's bar menu are a must. Try to suppress a snigger when viewing the hotel owner's vanity portrait in the library.
- Address: 355 rue St-Jacques, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1N9 | Map It
- Phone: 514/841–3111; 866/841–3111
- Website: www.hotellestjames.com
- Metro Square-Victoria.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 23 rooms, 38 suites, 1 apartment.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
We are planning to take a 14 day vacation to Quebec in the beginning of July. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more