- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
At a Glance
- Fodorites recommend the rooftop terrace and restaurant for great views of the Old City
- lively bar right on rue St-Paul
- huge bath tubs
- weekend wedding traffic
- valet parking is $28 plus tax
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Nelligan Review
There's a cultivated air of refinement echoing through this ultraromantic hotel, a landmark on rue St-Paul named after Québec's most passionate poet, Émile Nelligan. The hotel, just a block south of the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal, occupies two adjoining buildings from the 1850s, when thick stone and brick walls were common. Penthouses have terraces with views of the river; others overlook the four-story, brick-walled atrium. All beds are king-size, and the bathrooms are big enough to park your car. At the pub-style bar, Méchant Bœuf, make sure to snag a table near the window overlooking rue St-Paul and watch the world hustle by. And for breakfast with a view of the Old City and the harbor, try the rooftop terrace.
- Address: 106 rue St-Paul Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1Z3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/788–2040; 877/788–2040
- Website: www.hotelnelligan.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 44 rooms, 59 suites, 2 penthouses.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
We are planning to take a 14 day vacation to Quebec in the beginning of July. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more