- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- Fodorites recommend the rooftop terrace and restaurant for great views of the Old City
- lively bar right on rue St-Paul
- huge bath tubs
- weekend wedding traffic
- valet parking is $28 plus tax
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Nelligan Review
There's a cultivated air of refinement echoing through this ultraromantic hotel, a landmark on rue St-Paul named after Québec's most passionate poet, Émile Nelligan. The hotel, just a block south of the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal, occupies two adjoining buildings from the 1850s, when thick stone and brick walls were common. Penthouses have terraces with views of the river; others overlook the four-story, brick-walled atrium. All beds are king-size, and the bathrooms are big enough to park your car. At the pub-style bar, Méchant Bœuf, make sure to snag a table near the window overlooking rue St-Paul and watch the world hustle by. And for breakfast with a view of the Old City and the harbor, try the rooftop terrace.
- Address: 106 rue St-Paul Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1Z3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/788–2040; 877/788–2040
- Website: www.hotelnelligan.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 44 rooms, 59 suites, 2 penthouses.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
A friend and I are planning a graduation trip to Quebec in early July. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more