At a Glance
- Fodorites recommend the rooftop terrace and restaurant for great views of the Old City
- lively bar right on rue St-Paul
- huge bath tubs
- weekend wedding traffic
- valet parking is $28 plus tax
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Nelligan Review
There's a cultivated air of refinement echoing through this ultraromantic hotel, a landmark on rue St-Paul named after Québec's most passionate poet, Émile Nelligan. The hotel, just a block south of the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal, occupies two adjoining buildings from the 1850s, when thick stone and brick walls were common. Penthouses have terraces with views of the river; others overlook the four-story, brick-walled atrium. All beds are king-size, and the bathrooms are big enough to park your car. At the pub-style bar, Méchant Bœuf, make sure to snag a table near the window overlooking rue St-Paul and watch the world hustle by. And for breakfast with a view of the Old City and the harbor, try the rooftop terrace.
- Address: 106 rue St-Paul Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1Z3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/788–2040; 877/788–2040
- Website: www.hotelnelligan.com
- Subway: Place-d'Armes
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 44 rooms, 59 suites, 2 penthouses
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Montreal for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More