- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Chez Doval Review
Chez Doval is a neighborhood restaurant with a split personality. If you're looking for a little intimacy, book a table in the softly lighted dining room by the main entrance; if you're looking for something a little more raucous—guitar music, maybe a friendly argument about sports or politics—try the tavern on the far side. Foodwise, it doesn't really matter where you sit. The chicken, sardines, grouper, and squid—all broiled à-la-Portugaise on an open charcoal grill behind the bar—are succulent, simple, and good. Good prices attract artists and university kids with visiting parents.
- Address: 150 rue Marie-Anne Est, Plateau Mont-Royal, Montréal, QC, H2W 1A5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/843-3390
- Website: www.chezdoval.com
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Montreal Fr $207+/Nt Expedia
- 3-Star Days Inn Montreal Downtown Fr $125+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- Top Vacation Sale! 2 Nts + Air as Low as $578 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more