- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Chez Doval Review
Chez Doval is a neighborhood restaurant with a split personality. If you're looking for a little intimacy, book a table in the softly lighted dining room by the main entrance; if you're looking for something a little more raucous—guitar music, maybe a friendly argument about sports or politics—try the tavern on the far side. Food-wise, it doesn't really matter where you sit: the chicken, sardines, grouper, and squid—all broiled à-la-Portugaise, on an open charcoal grill behind the bar—are succulent, simple, and delicious. Good prices attract artists as well as university kids with visiting parents.
- Address: 150 rue Marie-Anne Est, The Plateau, Montréal, QC H2W 1A5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/843–3390
- Website: www.chezdoval.com
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more