- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites
At a Glance
- houses the best spa in town
- new Japanese tavern on site
- late sleepers may be disturbed by the noontime Angelus bells at the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Old Montréal
- a steep approach from métro is slippery in winter
- no pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites Review
Three splendidly ornate commercial buildings dating from the Victorian era were merged to create Old Montréal's largest boutique hotel, pleasing jetsetters and business execs alike. The high-ceiling guest rooms—some with exposed brick or stone walls—combine old-fashioned grandeur with sleek modern furnishings. Large bathrooms are tiled in black granite and white marble. Beyond the rooms, the 2,000-square-foot spa includes the city's first hammam, a Middle Eastern–style steam bath. A rooftop bar and restaurant serves sandwiches and grilled entrées at lunch, and there's a lobby brasserie, Suite 701, where the after-work crowd quaff martinis. The foyer has a clubby new room with billiards and a huge flat screen for socializing. The Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal is just across the square, and the Palais des Congrès is nearby.
- Address: 55 rue St-Jacques, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 3X2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842–1887; 888/450–1887
- Website: www.hotelplacedarmes.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 80 rooms, 53 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My wife and I want to come to the Just for Laughs festival in July. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more