- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites
At a Glance
- houses the best spa in town
- new Japanese tavern on site
- late sleepers may be disturbed by the noontime Angelus bells at the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Old Montréal
- a steep approach from métro is slippery in winter
- no pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites Review
Three splendidly ornate commercial buildings dating from the Victorian era were merged to create Old Montréal's largest boutique hotel, pleasing jetsetters and business execs alike. The high-ceiling guest rooms—some with exposed brick or stone walls—combine old-fashioned grandeur with sleek modern furnishings. Large bathrooms are tiled in black granite and white marble. Beyond the rooms, the 2,000-square-foot spa includes the city's first hammam, a Middle Eastern–style steam bath. A rooftop bar and restaurant serves sandwiches and grilled entrées at lunch, and there's a lobby brasserie, Suite 701, where the after-work crowd quaff martinis. The foyer has a clubby new room with billiards and a huge flat screen for socializing. The Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal is just across the square, and the Palais des Congrès is nearby.
- Address: 55 rue St-Jacques, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 3X2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842–1887; 888/450–1887
- Website: www.hotelplacedarmes.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 80 rooms, 53 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more