- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites
At a Glance
- houses the best spa in town
- easy access to the sights of Old Montréal
- late sleepers may be disturbed by the noontime Angelus bells at the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Old Montréal
- a steep approach from métro is slippery in winter
- no pool
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites Review
Three splendidly ornate commercial buildings dating from the Victorian era were merged to create Old Montréal's largest boutique hotel, pleasing jetsetters and business execs alike. The high-ceiling guest rooms—some with exposed brick or stone walls—combine old-fashioned grandeur with sleek modern furnishings. Large bathrooms are tiled in black granite and white marble. Beyond the rooms, the 2,000-square-foot spa includes the city's first hammam, or Middle Eastern-style steam bath. A rooftop bar and restaurant serves sandwiches and grilled entrées at lunch, and there's a hipster lobby brasserie, Suite 701, where the after-work crowd quaff martinis. The foyer has a clubby new room with billiards and a huge flat screen for socializing. The Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal is just across the square, and the Palais des Congrès is nearby.
- Address: 55 rue St-Jacques, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 3X2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842-1887; 888/450-1887
- Website: www.hotelplacedarmes.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 80 rooms, 53 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- 3-Star Kutuma Fr $127+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $23/night less
- Montreal Savings! Book at Marriott Chateau Champlain Fr $474+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on Montreal 5 Nts Htl + Air Fr $883 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
i am so confused about quebec city. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more