Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites
At a Glance
- houses the best spa in town
- new Japanese tavern on site
- late sleepers may be disturbed by the noontime Angelus bells at the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Old Montréal
- a steep approach from métro is slippery in winter
- no pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Place d'Armes Hôtel & Suites Review
Three splendidly ornate commercial buildings dating from the Victorian era were merged to create Old Montréal's largest boutique hotel, pleasing jetsetters and business execs alike. The high-ceiling guest rooms—some with exposed brick or stone walls—combine old-fashioned grandeur with sleek modern furnishings. Large bathrooms are tiled in black granite and white marble. Beyond the rooms, the 2,000-square-foot spa includes the city's first hammam, a Middle Eastern–style steam bath. A rooftop bar and restaurant serves sandwiches and grilled entrées at lunch, and there's a lobby brasserie, Suite 701, where the after-work crowd quaff martinis. The foyer has a clubby new room with billiards and a huge flat screen for socializing. The Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal is just across the square, and the Palais des Congrès is nearby.
- Address: 55 rue St-Jacques, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 3X2 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842–1887; 888/450–1887
- Website: www.hotelplacedarmes.com
- Subway: Place-d'Armes
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 80 rooms, 53 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Montreal for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More