- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Around Parc du Mont-Royal
If you're in good shape, you can walk up from downtown. Climb rue Peel to the entrance to Parc du Mont-Royal and then wheeze your way up the stairway—completely rebuilt in 2010—to the top of the mountain. Or you can simply take the métro to the Mont-Royal station and catch the No. 11 bus. If you have a car, there's good parking in Parc du Mont-Royal and at the Oratoire St-Joseph (the latter asks for a contribution of $5 per vehicle Monday to Saturday for anyone not attending a service or coming to pray). Biking up the mountain will test your endurance, but the park has an extensive network of scenic trails.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe