- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Montréal Shopping Experiences
Some of the best deals can be found at La Maison Simons department store, where there's something cheap and chic for everyone, from teenyboppers to mesdames and monsieurs on a budget. Along rue Ste-Catherine and in the underground malls, check out trendy Québecois fashion emporiums, including Le Château, BEDO, and Jacob. Also on the path of the penny pincher are H&M, Zara, Forever 21, and Mango.
Montréal's luxury lane runs from Ogilvy up to Holt Renfrew along rue de la Montagne, with designer fashion from Marie Saint Pierre and custom pearl jewelry from Boutique Laura Aline lining the route.
The path of luxury continues west along rue Sherbrooke, where you'll find the crème de la crème of international fashion and a plethora of art houses, with shops like Les Créateurs and Galerie Walter Kinkhoff.
Funky fashionistas will want to hit Mile End and the Plateau. In Mile End, hipster territory includes Boutique Manhood and Unicorn, for men and women, respectively, and General 54 and Maskarad for crafty or recycled fashions. Moving down Montréal's beloved Main—boulevard St-Laurent—check out vintage, decor, and design shops.
Closer to downtown, Lola & Emily, U&I, and M0851 are worth the walk. One-of-a-kind independent shops line avenue Mont-Royal and rue St-Denis.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe