- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
If food is your first love, head to Montréal’s markets, especially in the bountiful days of the autumn harvest.
Marché Jean-Talon in the north end of the city has an Italian flavor; the surrounding streets are home to some of the finest pizza and café lattes anywhere. Marché Atwater has a glorious indoor hall, packed with eateries, butchers, bakeries, and fine food emporiums.
The markets are a great place to pick up locally made nonperishables to bring home, such as jam from farms on Île d’Orléans near Québec City, plentiful in summer; or cranberries harvested late-September to mid-October; or maple syrup, taffy, and butter year-round.Updated: 02-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's