- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Montréal Shopping Experiences
Some of the best deals can be found at La Maison Simons department store, where there’s something cheap and chic for everyone, from teenyboppers to mesdames and monsieurs on a budget. Along rue Ste-Catherine and in the underground malls, check out trendy Quebecois fashion emporiums, including Le Château and BEDO. Montréal’s luxury lane runs from Ogilvy up to Holt Renfrew along rue de la Montagne, with designer fashion from Marie Saint Pierre and custom pearl jewelry from Boutique Laura Aline lining the route.
The path of luxury continues west along rue Sherbrooke, where you’ll find the crème de la crème of international fashion and a plethora of art houses, with shops like Les Créateurs and Galerie Walter Klinkhoff.
Funky fashionistas will want to hit Mile End and the Plateau. In Mile End, hipster territory includes Boutique Manhood and Unicorn, for men and women, respectively, and General 54 for recycled fashions. Moving down Montréal’s beloved Main—boulevard St-Laurent—check out vintage, decor, and design shops.
Closer to Downtown, Boutique 1861, U&I, and M0851 are worth the walk. One-of-a-kind independent shops line avenue Mont-Royal and rue St-Denis.Updated: 02-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's