- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Montreal With Kids
Montréal’s popular rent-a-bicycle Bixi system is a great way for families to see the city. The expanding network of car-free cycling paths now meanders around Parc du Mont-Royal and through Old Montréal, across Parc Jean-Drapeau on Île Notre-Dame, and along the Lachine Canal.
Kids who’ve had their fill of churches and museums can expend some pent-up energy at the adjacent Old Port, which has boats to pedal, a clock tower to climb, and a maze. There’s also a new waterfront beach, but alas, no swimming is allowed.
For culturally adventurous youngsters, there are outdoor dance and theater presentations at Parc Lafontaine. Kids can also explore the mysteries of bonsai trees and Chinese gardens at the Jardin Botanique and drop into the on-site Insectarium to see the world’s largest collection of bugs.
On hot summer days, spend some time at the Quartier des Spectacles, where the large fountains spread along the street will provide some fun and surely cool off your kids. You may even see some adults jumping in too.Updated: 02-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's