- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Montréal
Browse public markets: Marché Atwater, one of the city's oldest public markets, and the bustling Marché Jean-Talon, in Little Italy, are two must-see places.
Check out the nightlife: There's a strong heritage of late-night revelry in this city. Top spots include rue Crescent, boulevard St-Laurent, and rue St-Denis, as well as Old Montréal and the Village, Montréal's gay epicenter.
Get a dose of multiculturalism: Montréal is a melting pot of world culture, yours to experience by exploring ethnic neighborhoods and sampling a range of cuisines.
Celebrate Jazz Fest: Montréal's biggest party happens every year in late June and early July—and if jazz is your thing it's not to be missed. Reserve early: hotels book up months in advance.
Stroll Old Montréal: Old Montréal has it all—cobblestone streets, a great waterfront, fine restaurants and bed-and-breakfasts, and the Old Port, which buzzes with nightlife.Updated: 02-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's