Windsurfing and Sailing in Montréal
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Windsurfing and Sailing
Although people have been sailing it for centuries, and windsurfing it for at least a couple of decades, who would ever have thought in a city where winters can last six months there would be opportunities to actually surf the St. Lawrence River? In 1999, South African champion kayaker and river surfer Corran Addison discovered a heretofore unknown yet ever-present 6-foot-tall standing wave that never breaks, thus allowing for an epic ride.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe