Swimming in Montréal
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Most of the city's municipal outdoor pools are open from mid-June through August. Admission is free on weekdays. On weekends and holidays there's a small fee of no more than C$4 at some pools, depending on the borough.
Parc-Plage l'Île Notre-Dame. Île Notre-Dame is home to the city's man-made beach. It's probably the cleanest water in Montréal, which makes the C$8 entrance fee worth it. The beach is open from 10 to 7 daily, from mid-June to mid-August, and from noon to 7 from late August until early September. To get there by public transit, take Bus 167 from the métro station. West side of Île Notre-Dame, Île Notre-Dame, Montréal, QC, H3C 1A9. 514/872–6120. www.parcjeandrapeau.com. Jean-Drapeau.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe