Boating in Montréal
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
In Montréal you can climb aboard a boat at a downtown wharf and be crashing through Class V white water minutes later.
Lachine Rapids Tours. Discover the Lachine Rapids on a large jet boat—and bring a change of clothes. Lachine Rapids Tours offers daily departures (every two hours) from May through October. The price is C$67 per adult, with all gear included, and the trip lasts an hour. Another option is a 20-minute jaunt around the Islands in a 12-passenger boat that reaches speeds up to 80 kph (50 mph). Boats leave every half hour between 11 am and 6 pm from mid-June to Labor Day and cost C$26 for adults. Trips are narrated in French and English. 47 de la Commune Ouest, Clock Tower Pier (for jet-boating) and Jacques Cartier Pier (for speedboating), at Old Port, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 2C6. 514/284–9607. www.jetboatingmontreal.com. Champ-de-Mars.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe