- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One way to experience PEI like a native is to sign up with Tranquility Cove Adventures for a lobster-fishing (May and June), clam-digging (July-September), or deep-sea-fishing excursion (July-September).
The Island is popular with bicyclists for its moderately hilly roads and stunning scenery. The Confederation Trail, a 9-km (5½-mi) path near Cavendish Campground loops around marsh, woods, and farmland. Several tour companies, including Trailside Adventures in Mt. Stewart, rent bicycles and provide custom-made tours.
With its quiet coves and cozy bays, Prince Edward Island has become a haven for those who enjoy sea kayaking. Outside Expeditions provides rentals and tours designed for all levels of expertise. Deep-sea–fishing boats are available along the eastern end of the Island as well as in the north-shore region, and there are more than two dozen 9- and 18-hole golf courses on PEI that are open to the public.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's