- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Erosion and time have chewed Prince Edward Island into a ragged crescent, with deep inlets and tidal streams that divide the province into three nearly equal parts, known locally by their county names of Kings, Queens, and Prince (east to west). The Island is 195 km (121 mi) long and ranges in width from 6 km (4 mi) to 61¼ km (38 mi). Despite the gentle hills in the eastern and central regions of Prince Edward Island, the land never rises to a height of more than 152 meters (500 feet) above sea level. To the west, from Summerside to North Cape, the terrain is flatter.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire