- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Inn at Bay Fortune
At a Glance
- bikes and kayaks on-site
- many rooms have fireplaces and some have balconies
- free Wi-Fi
- mosquitos can be bothersome
- not directly on the beach
Inn at Bay Fortune Review
This 1913 inn was built by Elmer Blaney Harris (whose play Johnny Belinda was inspired by PEI events) and later owned by actress Colleen Dewhurst (who played Marilla in the Anne of Green Gables series), but today regular Joes can book into their gorgeous gabled retreat and six-room addition. A pair of cottages is available a short distance away and fine dining can be had on-site, too ($$$). Dishes that make excellent use of fresh-caught and fresh-harvested ingredients can be savored in the restaurant, on the wrap-around veranda, or at the chef's table in the kitchen.
- Address: 758 Rte. 310, off Rte. 2, 10 minutes west of Souris Bay Fortune, PE C0A 2B0
- Phone: 902/687–3745; 888/687–3745
- Website: www.innatbayfortune.com
- Location: Bay Fortune
- 11 rooms, 6 suites, 2 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.–late May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
Lord Stanley Hotel in Vancouver BC Canada
Lord Stanley Strata Corp Management Company
When i escalated an issue to the manager (Wendy Krasovec) and then to the site manager (Michael Tham) i was told no Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more