- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Inn at Bay Fortune
At a Glance
- bikes and kayaks on-site
- many rooms have fireplaces and some have balconies
- free Wi-Fi
- mosquitoes can be bothersome
- not directly on the beach
Check Rates from our Partners
Inn at Bay Fortune Review
This 1913 inn was built by Elmer Blaney Harris (whose play Johnny Belinda was inspired by PEI events) and later owned by actress Colleen Dewhurst (who played Marilla in the Anne of Green Gables series), but today regular Joes can book into their gorgeous gabled retreat and six-room addition. A pair of cottages is available a short distance away and fine dining can be had on-site, too ($$$). Dishes that make excellent use of fresh-caught and fresh-harvested ingredients can be savored in the restaurant, on the wrap-around veranda, or at the chef's table in the kitchen.
- Address: 758 Rte. 310, off Rte. 2, 10 minutes west of Souris Bay Fortune, PE C0A 2B0
- Phone: 902/687–3745; 888/687–3745
- Website: www.innatbayfortune.com
- Location: Bay Fortune
- 11 rooms, 6 suites, 2 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
Hello! Read more
Okay, we're down to two choices for the house for our trip, which will be a one-week "road trip" followed by a week in PEI doing Anne stuff and hiking and maybe horseback riding and just generally relaxing! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more