- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
At a Glance
- themed packages available
- thoughtful hosts
- free Wi-Fi
- on-site gym
- pretty far from civilization
- gable ceilings not great for tall guests
Check Rates from our Partners
Barachois Inn Review
Rustico, just below Brackley Beach, is one of the oldest communities on the Island—and this 1880 inn's Victorian elegance blends right in with the historic surroundings. Built for a local merchant, Gallant House (the original heritage home) has four rooms appointed with antiques and fine art, while the adjacent MacDonald House (a contemporary structure with period style) has a quartet of suites, each with a fireplace, kitchenette, and balcony or deck. The inn overlooks a quiet Victorian garden and the bucolic countryside around Rustico Bay. In addition to a hot breakfast, rates include passes to PEI National Park and Green Gables House National Historic Site.
- Address: 2193 Church Rd., Rte. 243, off Rte. 6, 8 km (5 miles) west of Brackley Beach Rustico, PE C0A 1N0 | Map It
- Phone: 902/963–2194; 800/963–2194
- Website: www.barachoisinn.com
- Location: Brackley Beach
- 4 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
Hello! Read more
Okay, we're down to two choices for the house for our trip, which will be a one-week "road trip" followed by a week in PEI doing Anne stuff and hiking and maybe horseback riding and just generally relaxing! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more