- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Clyde River Golf and Country Club. The club is a 27-hole facility with linked 9- and 18-hole courses, located about 10 minutes west of Charlottetown. Part of the scenery includes pretty farmland and the Clyde River itself. The club, its pro shop, and restaurant are open May through October. 384 Clyde River Rd., Rte. 247, RR #2, Clyde River, PE, C0A 1H0. 902/675–2585. www.clyderivergolf.ca.
Fox Meadow Golf and Country Club. This 18-hole club is a mere five minutes southeast of the city. Its challenging par-72 championship course, designed by Rob Heaslip, overlooks Charlottetown Harbour and the community of Stratford. 167 Kinlock Rd., Stratford, PE, C1B 1J7. 902/569–4653 or 877/569–8337. www.foxmeadow.pe.ca.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe