- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Web site of the City of Toronto has helpful material about everything from local politics to public transit. The monthly magazine Toronto Life and the weekly alternative papers Now and Eye Weekly list the latest art and nightlife events and carry information about dining, shopping, and more. Another site, toronto.com, is one-stop shopping for nuts-and-bolts info like traffic or transportation, as well as for cultural events and links to lots of other Toronto Web sites and blogs.
Written by locals, for locals, Blog TO includes commentary on Toronto life and upcoming cultural events.
Official Web Sites
Canadian Tourism Commission (604/638-8300. www.canadatourism.com.)
City of Toronto (www.toronto.ca.)
Ontario Travel (800/668-2746. www.ontariotravel.net.)
Tourism Toronto (416/203-2500 or 800/499-2514. www.seetorontonow.com.)
Other Helpful Web sites
Toronto Life (www.torontolife.com.)
Eye Weekly (www.eyeweekly.com.)
Blog TO (www.blogto.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle