- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ontario Science Centre
Ontario Science Centre Review
It has been called a museum of the 21st century, but it's much more than that. Where else can you stand at the edge of a black hole, work hand-in-clamp with a robot, or land on the moon? Even the building itself is extraordinary: three linked pavilions float gracefully down the side of a ravine and overflow with exhibits that make space, technology, and communications fascinating. The 25,000-square-foot Weston Family Innovation Centre, rife with hands-on activities, is all about experience and problem solving. Make a music soundtrack, take a lie-detector test, and measure fluctuations in your body chemistry as you flirt with a virtual celebrity.Younger visitors learn through play in KidSpark, a space specially designed for children eight and under to enjoy and explore. The CA Technologies Planetarium, Toronto's only public planetarium, uses state-of-the-art technology to take participants on a trip to the outer reaches of the universe. Demonstrations of glassblowing, papermaking, lasers, electricity, and more take place daily; check the schedule when you arrive. The museum has a cafeteria, a restaurant, and a gift store with a cornucopia of books and scientific doodads.
- Address: 770 Don Mills Rd., at Eglinton Ave. North Toronto, North York, ON M3C 1T3 | Map It
- Phone: 416/696–1000
- Cost: C$22, parking C$10 (cash only)
- Hours: Fri.–Wed. 10–5, Thurs. 10–8
- Website: www.ontariosciencecentre.ca
- Metro Eglinton, then No. 34 Eglinton East bus to Don Mills Rd. stop; then walk ½ block south.
- Location: North Toronto
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more