- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Toronto Botanical Garden and Edwards Gardens
Toronto Botanical Garden and Edwards Gardens Review
The beautiful 17 contemporary botanical garden areas and adjacent estate garden (once owned by industrialist Rupert Edwards) flow into one of the city's most visited ravines. Paths wind along colorful floral displays and exquisite rock gardens. Refreshments and picnic facilities are available, but no pets are allowed. There's also a signposted "teaching garden" for kids to touch and learn about nature. Free general tours between May and early September depart Tuesdays at 10 am or Thursday at 6 pm; additional guided tours (fee) can be arranged for small groups of seniors, children, ESL students, or adults with a special interest (history, eco-nature, etc.) For a great ravine walk, start at the gardens' entrance and head south through Wilket Creek Park and the winding Don River valley. Pass beneath the Don Valley Parkway and continue along Massey Creek. After hours of walking (or biking or jogging) through almost uninterrupted park, you reach the southern tip of Taylor Creek Park on Victoria Park Avenue, just north of the Danforth. From here you can catch a subway back to your hotel.
- Address: 777 Lawrence Ave. E, entrance at southwest corner of Leslie St. and Lawrence Ave. E North Toronto, North York, ON M3C 1N4 | Map It
- Phone: 416/397–1340; 416/397–1366 tours
- Hours: Daily dawn–dusk
- Website: www.torontobotanicalgarden.ca
- Metro Eglinton, then bus 54 or 54A.
- Location: North Toronto
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more