Even if bank towers dwarf it now, this Anglican church with noble Gothic spires has the tallest steeple in Canada. Its illuminated clock once guided ships into the harbor. This is the fourth St. James Cathedral on this site; the third burned down in the Great Fire of 1849. As part of the church's bicentennial in 1997, a new peal of bells was installed. Stand near the church most Sundays after the 9 am service ends (about 10:10 am) and be rewarded with a glorious concert
of ringing bells.