Lady Mosquito Review
Chunky necklaces in eye-popping colors cover the walls of this Peruvian accessories shop. Bright felt brooches, dangly earrings, and embroidered handbags—all made from recycled or sustainable materials—don't have a hint of shabby about them. Everything is festive, contemporary, and very, very South American. Cynthia Villegas chooses the work of Peruvian artisans you'll see in the store, and she also creates many of the striking pieces herself, many made from the tagua seed of the Amazonian rainforest.
- Address: 1022 Queen St. W, at Ossington Ave., West Queen West, Toronto, ON, M6J 1H6
- Phone: 647/344–3266
- Hours: Tues. and Sat. 11–6, Wed.–Fri. 11–7, Sun. noon–4
- Website: www.ladymosquito.ca
- Subway: Ossington, then bus 63 south; or Osgoode then streetcar 501 west
- Location: West Queen West and Ossington