- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Shangri-La Toronto Review
This hotel, opened in 2012, embodies the attention to service for which the Shangri-La brand is beloved while putting an art-focused twist on its traditional East-meets-West aesthetic. A stunning Chinese sculpture adorned with a flock of birds frames the entrance and, throughout the hotel, you'll find natural woods, delicate accents, and original artwork—plus sweeping city views up University Avenue and through the Entertainment District. In the hotel restaurant an Asian-inspired menu is served in a wood-crafted space that reflects the eatery's name, Bosk (it means "wooden box"), beneath hand-blown glass lights that enliven the atmosphere. The sunlight-flooded atrium lobby is an ideal place to gather with its inviting fire, nightly live entertainment, and menu of bespoke tea blends chosen by in-house tea sommeliers. Guests enjoy creative cocktails and small-plate meals at plush couches with small tables. The wellness center has work-out equipment, a saltwater pool with private cabanas, and spa treatments using the famous skin care line Caudalie of Paris.
- Address: 188 University Ave., Entertainment District, Toronto, ON M5H 0A3
- Phone: 647/788–8888
- Website: www.shangri-la.com/toronto/shangrila
- Metro Osgoode, St. Andrew.
- Location: Entertainment District
- 197 rooms, 5 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more