- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Living up to its name, Pangaea harmonizes global-inspired cuisine with local ingredients. A long skylight by the bar and private dining rooms give the loft an ethereal quality, but even the decor has a regional connection in Toronto-made chairs. The menu concentrates on sustainable seafood. Curried mussels stimulates set the stage for refined entrees like pan-roasted duck breast with rösti (Swiss potato pancake), and pan-seared Ontario pickeral with sauteed fiddleheads, ramps, and mushrooms in a bacon butter sauce. Vegetarian dishes can be requested and are just as thoughtful and substantial as the rest of the menu. Desserts made by pastry chef Colen Quinn uphold the high standard; a standout is warm citrus doughnuts with Asian spices like cardamom.
- Address: 1221 Bay St., Yorkville, Toronto, ON M5R 3P5 | Map It
- Phone: 416/920-2323
- Website: www.pangaearestaurant.com
- Metro Bay.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- CA$169-$179 -- 4-Diamond Toronto Hotel near Eaton Centre Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
- CA$139 -- Toronto Hotel in Trendy Yorkville, $70 Off Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- $239* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Cleveland (One Way) — $239 Air Canada
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We're driving west to Sault Ste Marie and taking the northern route this year, which we haven't done in many many years.
Looking for suggestions for a place to break the trip-an interesting town, hotel, Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more