- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Living up to its name, Pangaea harmonizes global-inspired cuisine with local ingredients. A long skylight by the bar and private dining rooms give the loft an ethereal quality, but even the decor has a regional connection in Toronto-made chairs. The menu concentrates on sustainable seafood. Curried mussels set the stage for refined entrees like pan-roasted duck breast with rösti (Swiss potato pancake), and pan-seared Ontario pickeral with sauteed fiddleheads, ramps, and mushrooms in a bacon butter sauce. Vegetarian dishes can be requested and are just as thoughtful and substantial as the rest of the menu. Desserts made by pastry chef Colen Quinn uphold the high standard; a standout is warm citrus doughnuts with Asian spices like cardamom.
- Address: 1221 Bay St., Yorkville, Toronto, ON M5R 3P5 | Map It
- Phone: 416/920–2323
- Website: www.pangaearestaurant.com
- Metro Bay.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. ... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more