- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Matahari Grill Review
It's hard to pass up any of the Southeast Asian dishes here, so you might use size as a decision-making tool. If you have a taste for adventure, order the platter for two: a sampling of satays, spring rolls, deep-fried wontons, keropok, and achar achar. Then get into more exotic flavors with the sambal udang—grilled tamarind-scented prawns in sweet, sour-and-spicy tamarind-shallots sambal. The seafood curry grill is scallops, prawns, calamari, tomatoes, and okra served in a tantalizing coconut-curry broth. In summer there's a tiny outdoor patio, but most people prefer the sophisticated green-and-white decor inside.
- Address: 39 Baldwin St., Chinatown, Toronto, ON M5T 2L1 | Map It
- Phone: 416/596–2832
- Website: www.mataharigrill.com
- Metro St. Patrick.
- Location: Chinatown, Kensington Market, Queen West, and The Beach
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch weekends.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more