- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fairmont Royal York
At a Glance
- royal experience
- excellent health club
- environmentally conscious
- extensive Canadian wine list
- immense hotel with small rooms
- charge for in-room Internet access
- expensive parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Royal York Review
Like a proud grandmother, the Royal York stands serenely on Front Street in downtown Toronto, surrounded by gleaming skyscrapers and the nearby CN Tower. When it opened its doors in 1929, it was the tallest building in the British Commonwealth. Today, it remains one of the largest hotels in the city and a favorite of royalty—both Hollywood's and the real deal. Countless movies have been filmed here, but the rooms are the main draw. The hotel has been restored and renovated, and guest rooms are decorated in muted dark tones with period furnishings. The excellent lobby restaurant, EPIC, uses organically grown and locally sourced products, including some from its own rooftop garden.
- Address: 100 Front St. W, at York St. Financial District, Toronto, ON M5J 1E3 | Map It
- Phone: 416/368–2511; 800/441–1414
- Website: www.fairmont.com/royalyork
- Metro Union.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
- 1,304 rooms, 61 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more