- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fairmont Royal York
At a Glance
- royal experience
- excellent health club
- environmentally conscious
- extensive Canadian wine list
- immense hotel with small rooms
- charge for in-room Internet access
- expensive parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Royal York Review
Like a proud grandmother, the Royal York stands serenely on Front Street in downtown Toronto, surrounded by gleaming skyscrapers and the nearby CN Tower. When it opened its doors in 1929, it was the tallest building in the British Commonwealth. Today, it remains one of the largest hotels in the city and a favorite of royalty—both Hollywood's and the real deal. Countless movies have been filmed here, but the rooms are the main draw. The hotel has been restored and renovated, and guest rooms are decorated in muted dark tones with period furnishings. The excellent lobby restaurant, EPIC, uses organically grown and locally sourced products, including some from its own rooftop garden.
- Address: 100 Front St. W, at York St. Financial District, Toronto, ON M5J 1E3 | Map It
- Phone: 416/368–2511; 800/441–1414
- Website: www.fairmont.com/royalyork
- Metro Union.
- Location: The Financial District
- 1,304 rooms, 61 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more