- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- reliable Ritz service
- top-of-the-line amenities
- no check-in/check-out time
- five-star prices
- expensive valet parking (C$42)
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Ritz-Carlton, Toronto Review
Opened in 2010, this Ritz has a great location—across from Roy Thompson Hall and smack-dab in the center of the Financial District—and a solid elegance, embellished with a Canadian motif of brass maple leaves and local woods. The building itself is a cubelike glass podium topped off with a 53-story sparkling tower, and the rooms inside are just as stunning and spacious as the exterior would suggest. Decorated in a creamy off-white and brown palate, they display spectacular views overlooking the CN Tower and Lake Ontario through floor-to-ceiling windows (uninhibited vistas start on the 11th floor). Bathrooms are equally luxurious with in-mirror TVs, Portuguese Estremoz marble, and heated floors. For C$100, any hotel guest (plus one) can gain access to the Club Lounge and its free open bar, sprawling buffets, business center, and comfy TV room—the hotel's secret hideaway. Guest have access to a full-service gym, yoga classes, an indoor, salt-water pool, a salon, and spa in the massive on-site Urban Sanctuary. In TOCA, chef Tom Brodi stuns foodies with his complex dishes that utilize local and sustainable produce, naturally-raised meats, and fresh-caught fish. A glass enclosed cheese cave is placed front and center in the clubby dining room. For more casual antipasti and flatbreads, head for the outdoor terrace, DEQ, or the in-lobby bar, which fills up daily with guests eager to try a cutting-edge cocktail like the Ritz Sidecar with earl-gray-infused Cointreau.
- Address: 181 Wellington St. W, Financial District, Toronto, ON, M5V 3G2 | Map It
- Phone: 416/585-2500
- Website: www.ritzcarlton.com/toronto
- Metro St. Andrew, Union.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
- 208 rooms, 59 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more