- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In the buzzing Hazelton Hotel, One has become a celeb-spotting free-for-all during September's Film Festival. (It also has one of the hippest patio scenes any time of year.) The modern and elegant dining room—rich woods, smoked glass, cowhide, and onyx—is the brainchild of designer Yabu Puschelberg. But thankfully the food lives up to all the razzle dazzle. Chef-owner Mark McEwan's ingredient-driven cuisine starts with playful appetizers such as a nicely caramelized and supple duck steam bun or the deeply satisfying Muscovy duck breast with foie gras and vanilla-stewed cherries. Many dishes, like the wild Atlantic halibut, arrive perfectly cooked but simply prepared and are meant to be accompanied by cauliflower puree and salsa verde. The all-Canadian cheese lineup is an especially proud menu moment. The chef ages his own beef, and many agree his steaks are the best in the city.
- Address: The Hazelton Hotel Toronto, 118 Yorkville Ave., Yorkville, Toronto, ON M5R 1C2 | Map It
- Phone: 416/963–6300
- Website: www.one.mcewangroup.ca
- Metro Bay.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. ... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more