- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Palette Review
Formerly in Kensington Market, this bright spot moved to the hip and trendy Queen West area, and continues to stake its claim as one of Toronto's truly authentic bistros. The updated location ditched old checkered tablecloths and vinyl chairs, and went for simple decor of exposed brick interior and wooden floors and chairs. Favorite dishes include luscious Camembert fritters with pickled cherries, garlicky escargots, good steak frites, rack of lamb, and many quaffable wines, including a long list of European choices. A three-course prix-fixe (C$35) is available; it's a great spot for brunch, too.
- Address: 492 Queen St. W, Queen West, Toronto, ON M5T 2L9 | Map It
- Phone: 416/929–4900
- Website: www.lapalette.ca
- Metro College.
- Location: Chinatown, Kensington Market, Queen West, and The Beach
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more