- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Toshi Sushi Review
Toshi caters to lovers of both raw and cooked Japanese food in a simple, well-kept dining room with small tables, lightly-colored walls, and hanging lanterns. The daily lunch special is an implausibly good deal: C$12.50 for a warming miso and a bento box loaded with al dente green beans in luscious sesame-mirin sauce, crunchy shrimp and vegetable tempura, ginger-tinged green salad, proper sticky rice topped with chicken teriyaki, and orange wedges to finish. Don't bypass the stellar sushi lineup, including European-influenced torched foie gras or tempura-battered crab croquette, and chef's specials such as tuna carpaccio and crispy flounder. Call ahead for the omakase (chef's choice) menu and join the in-the-know Japanese businesspeople at the eight-seat bar at the back.
- Address: 565 King St. W, King West, Toronto, ON M5V 1M1 | Map It
- Phone: 416/260–8588
- Website: www.toshisushi.ca
- Metro King.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. ... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more