- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sutton Place Hotel
At a Glance
- quiet location
- helpful concierges
- valet parking
- pricey Internet (C$18.50 per day)
- limited room-service menu
- slightly faded glamour
Check Rates from our Partners
Sutton Place Hotel Review
Visiting film and stage stars still stay here because of the hotel's commitment to service and privacy. Tapestries, swaths of floral arrangements, antiques, and plush chairs fill the public areas. Guest rooms, in tan and navy tones, have a French provincial style with cut-crystal bedside lamps and some antiques. A chiropractic sleep system helps you overcome any jet lag. Twelve floors of one- or two-bedroom apartments are home away from home with full kitchens and many have whirlpool baths. Sutton Place is near the Church-Wellesley neighborhood, the Royal Ontario Museum, trendy Yorkville shops, and the Eaton Centre. Accents, the main-floor restaurant, is popular both for a snack and a glass of wine or something as elaborate as poached lobster with scallops. You can also venture across the street to Bistro 990 restaurant for some celebrity-spotting with your steak frites.
- Address: 955 Bay St., at Wellesley St. WQueen's Park, Toronto, ON M5S 2A2 | Map It
- Phone: 416/924-9221; 866/389-8866
- Website: www.toronto.suttonplace.com
- Metro Wellesley.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
- 230 rooms, 53 suites, 28 apartments.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $155 -- Chic Toronto Hotel through June, Save 30% Novotel Toronto Centre
- CA$169-$179 -- 4-Diamond Toronto Hotel near Eaton Centre Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- CA$139 -- Toronto Hotel in Trendy Yorkville, $70 Off — $139 Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We're driving west to Sault Ste Marie and taking the northern route this year, which we haven't done in many many years.
Looking for suggestions for a place to break the trip-an interesting town, hotel, Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more