- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- local flavor
- intimate service and setting
- every guest room has a different, playful design
- friendly, bohemian place
- truly a one-of-a-kind property and experience
- rooms are on the smaller side
- long walk or transit ride to downtown core
Check Rates from our Partners
Gladstone Hotel Review
An intimate size and focus on local art and products helped this hotel earn raves as the "anti chain-hotel Toronto experience"—really, it's a sort of community event space, with artist-designed guest rooms and an emphasis on everything that is one-of-a-kind. The hand-operated 1904 elevator is one of three still working in Toronto. (Ask for assistance to take a ride in it.) Each room is a distinct artist's vision: In the Racine Room, maroon-velvet furnishings complement a stack of vintage steamer trunks that hide the TV and DVD player; the Model Citizen room plays with a peacock theme, complete with a lucite bird light-fixture and a purple tail-feather headboard; and the two-story Tower suite, ready for Rapunzel, contains not only a wraparound view of the city, but also a tower bedroom.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more