At a Glance
- local flavor
- intimate service and setting
- every guest room has a different, playful design
- friendly, bohemian place
- truly a one-of-a-kind property and experience
- rooms are on the smaller side
- long walk or transit ride to downtown core
Check Rates from our Partners
Gladstone Hotel Review
An intimate size and focus on local art and products helped this hotel earn raves as the "anti chain-hotel Toronto experience"—really, it's a sort of community event space, with artist-designed guest rooms and an emphasis on everything that is one-of-a-kind. The hand-operated 1904 elevator is one of three still working in Toronto. (Ask for assistance to take a ride in it.) Each room is a distinct artist's vision: In the Racine Room, maroon-velvet furnishings complement a stack of vintage steamer trunks that hide the TV and DVD player; the Model Citizen room plays with a peacock theme, complete with a lucite bird light-fixture and a purple tail-feather headboard; and the two-story Tower suite, ready for Rapunzel, contains not only a wraparound view of the city, but also a tower bedroom.
- Address: 1214 Queen St. W, at Gladstone Ave., Queen West, Toronto, ON, M6J 1J6 | Map It
- Phone: 416/531–4635
- Website: www.gladstonehotel.com
- Subway: Osgoode, then streetcar 501 west
- Location: Queen West
- 34 rooms, 3 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Toronto for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More