- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
InterContinental Toronto Centre
At a Glance
- atypical convention hotel
- bright and airy lobby restaurant
- haberdashery in lobby
- no shopping nearby
- neighborhood streets quiet at night
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
InterContinental Toronto Centre Review
Attached to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, this large but unassuming hotel is a good bet for visiting businesspeople, but the leisure traveler will also find some deals on weekends or during slower periods. It's less than a five-minute walk to the stellar live theater and restaurants on King Street West. The hotel has an excellent day spa, a very good restaurant (Azure), and a quiet elegance—even when full. Former prime minister of Canada Jean Chretien favored this hotel for its efficient security measures and businesslike but less-than-ostentatious atmosphere. Refurbished in 2010, room decor is fresh and modern, with clean-lined furniture and linens in calm, neutral colors.
- Address: 225 Front St. W, west of University Ave., Entertainment District, Toronto, ON, M5V 2X3 | Map It
- Phone: 416/597-1400; 800/422-7969
- Website: www.torontocentre.intercontinental.com
- Metro Union.
- Location: Entertainment District
- 440 rooms, 136 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more