- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canada's Wonderland Review
Yogi Bear, Fred Flintstone, and Scooby Doo are part of Canada's first theme park, filled with more than 200 games, rides, restaurants, and shops. Favorite attractions include KidZville, home of the Nickelodeon cartoon characters, the Rugrats; the SkyRider stand-up looping inverted roller coaster; and Windseeker, which features thirty-two 301-foot swings. At Planet Snoopy, nine rides star Peanuts characters Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, and Linus. The Whitewater Bay wave pool, the Black Hole waterslide, and a children's interactive water-play area are all a part of Splash Works, the 20-acre on-site water park. Look for the strolling Star Trek characters and the Fun Shoppe, arcade, miniature golf, and batting cages. Other entertainment includes concerts, musicals, light shows, fireworks, and cliff divers. Check newspapers, chain stores, and hotels for discount coupons. The park is about 30 minutes north of downtown Toronto by car or via the "Wonderland Express" GO Bus from the Yorkdale and York Mills subway stations.
- Address: 9580 Jane St., Outlying Suburbs, Vaughan, ON L6A 156 | Map It
- Phone: 905/832–7000; 905/832–8131 Kingswood Theatre tickets
- Cost: C$47
- Hours: Late May–June, weekdays 10–6, Sat. 10–10, Sun. 10–8; late June–Aug., daily 10–10; Sept., weekends 10–8; Oct., weekends 10–5
- Website: www.canadaswonderland.com
- Location: Outlying Suburbs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more