- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Toronto Reference Library
Toronto Reference Library Review
Designed by one of Canada's most admired architects, Raymond Moriyama, who also created the Ontario Science Centre, this five-story library is arranged around a large atrium, affording a wonderful sense of open space. There is a small waterfall in the foyer, and glass-enclosed elevators glide swiftly and silently up and down. One-third of the more than 4 million items—spread across 45 km (28 miles) of shelves—are open to the public. Audio carrels are available for listening to nearly 30,000 music and spoken-word recordings. The largest Performing Arts Centre in a public library in Canada is on the fifth floor; the Arthur Conan Doyle Room (Tues., Thurs., and Sat. 2–4, and by appointment), which is of special interest to Baker Street regulars, is on the fifth floor. It houses the world's finest public collection of Holmesiana, including records, films, photos, books, manuscripts, letters, and even cartoon books starring Sherlock Hemlock of Sesame Street.
- Address: 789 Yonge St., Yorkville, Toronto, ON M4W 2G8 | Map It
- Phone: 416/395–5577
- Hours: Mon.–Thurs. 9:30–8:30, Fri. and Sat. 9:30–5:30, Sun. 1:30–5 (Sept.–June only)
- Website: www.torontopubliclibrary.ca
- Metro Bloor-Yonge.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more