- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Toronto's First Post Office
Toronto's First Post Office Review
Dating from 1833, this small working post office continues to use quill pens, ink pots, and sealing wax—you can use the old-fashioned equipment to send a letter for C$2. Exhibits include reproductions of letters from the 1820s and 1830s. Distinctive cancellation stamps are used on all outgoing cards and letters.
- Address: 260 Adelaide St. E, Old Town, Toronto, ON M5A 1N1 | Map It
- Phone: 416/865–1833
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Weekdays 9–5:30, Sat. 10–4, Sun. noon–4
- Website: www.townofyork.com
- Metro King.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more