- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. Lawrence Hall
St. Lawrence Hall Review
Erected on the site of the area's first public meeting space, the St. Lawrence Hall, built in 1850–51, demonstrates Renaissance Revival architecture at its finest. Erected for musical performances and balls, it is here that famed opera soprano Jenny Lind sang, where antislavery demonstrations were held, and where P. T. Barnum first presented the midget Tom Thumb. Take time to admire the exterior of this architectural gem, now used for everything from concerts to wedding receptions and graduation parties. If there's no event scheduled, you can take a peek at the photos in the East Room on the third floor; the various notable figures displayed once performed or lectured here.
- Address: 157 King St. E, Old Town, Toronto, ON M5C 1G9 | Map It
- Phone: 416/392–7809
- Website: www.stlawrencemarket.com
- Metro Union.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. ... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more