- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Patrick McMurray—a walking encyclopedia of shellfish lore and winner of the 48th World Oyster Opening Championship in Galway, Ireland (won by shucking 30 oysters in under three minutes)—has curated the most unusual tastes from the sea here in the most diverse Oyster Bar in North America. Oysters from Ireland, England, Scotland, and North America are all available in this casual bistro with simple wooden tables and chairs and a maritime-themed bar. Ingredients used are local and sustainable, and the menu changes daily subject to whatever Mother Nature washes ashore. From the kitchen, a whole Atlantic lobster, European sea bream, crisp salads, and homemade desserts will make you fall for Starfish hook, line, and sinker.
- Address: 100 Adelaide St. E, Financial District, Toronto, ON M5C 1K9 | Map It
- Phone: 416/366–7827
- Website: www.starfishoysterbed.com
- Metro King.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. ... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more