- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum
Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum Review
Even if you're not a hockey fan, it's worth a trip here to see this shrine to Canada's favorite sport. Exhibits include the original 1893 Stanley Cup, as well as displays of goalie masks, skate and stick collections, great players' jerseys, video displays of big games, and a replica of the Montréal Canadiens' locker room. Grab a stick and test your speed and accuracy in the "shoot out" virtual experience, or strap on a goalie mask and field shots from big-name players like Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier with the "shut out" computer simulation. It's also telling that this museum is housed in such a grand building, worthy of any fine art collection. A former Bank of Montréal branch designed by architects Darling & Curry in 1885, the building is covered with beautiful ornamental details. Note the richly carved Ohio stone and the Hermès figure supporting the chimney near the back. At the corner of Front and Yonge streets, the impressive statue—a seventeen-foot bronze entitled "Our Game"—is a busy photo-op. Entrance is through Brookfield Place on the lower level of the east side.
- Address: Brookfield Place, 30 Yonge St., at Front St. Financial District, Toronto, ON M5E 1XB | Map It
- Phone: 416/360–7765
- Cost: C$17.50
- Hours: Sept.–June, weekdays 10–5, Sat. 9:30–6, Sun. 10:30–5; July and Aug., Mon.–Sat. 9:30–6, Sun. 10–6
- Website: www.hhof.com
- Metro Union.
- Location: The Financial District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more