Golf in Toronto
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The golf season lasts only from April to late October. Discounted rates are usually available until mid-May and after Canadian Thanksgiving (early October). All courses are best reached by car.
Angus Glen Golf Club. Deemed Canada's best new course by Golf Digest when it opened in 1995, this club has remained one of the country's best places to play, hosting the Canadian Open in 2002 and 2007 on its par-72 South and North courses, respectively. It's a 45-minute drive north of downtown. 10080 Kennedy Rd., Markham, ON, L6C 1N9. 905/887-0090; 905/887-5157 reservations. www.angusglen.com.
Glen Abbey Golf Club. The top course in Canada, this Jack Nicklaus-designed 18-hole, par-73 club is a real beauty. The Canadian Open was held here for the 25th time in 2009. It's in the affluent suburb of Oakville, about 45 minutes east of the city. 1333 Dorval Dr., just north of QEW, Oakville, ON, L6M 4G2. 905/844-1800 or. www.clublink.ca.
Don Valley Golf Course. About a 20-minute drive north of downtown this is a par-71, 18-hole municipal course. Despite being right in the city, it's a lovely, hilly course with water hazards and tree-lined fairways. 4200 Yonge St., North York, Toronto, ON, M2P 1N9. 416/392-2465. www.toronto.ca/parks/golf.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle