Soccer in Toronto
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Toronto's British roots combined with a huge immigrant population have helped make the Toronto Football Club (TFC), the newest addition to the city's pro sports tapestry, a success. And during events like the World Cup, Euro Cup, and Copa América (America Cup), sports bars and cafés with TVs are teeming.
Toronto FC. Canada's first Major League Soccer team and Toronto's first professional soccer team in years, Toronto FC kicked off in 2006 in a new 20,000-seat stadium. Fans get seriously pumped up for these games, singing fight songs, waving flags, and throwing streamers. Games sometimes sell out; single-game tickets go on sale a few days before the match. The season is March–October. BMO Field, 170 Princes' Blvd., Exhibition Place, Toronto, ON, M6K 3C3. 1-855/985–5000 Ticketmaster. www.torontofc.ca. Union, then 509 Harbourfront streetcar west; 511 Bathurst streetcar south.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe