- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wedged between three Great Lakes—Ontario, Huron, and Erie—and peppered with thousands of smaller lakes, southern Ontario is a fertile area of farmland, wineries, forests, and waterways. Within a two-to-four-hour drive north, west, or southwest of Toronto are small towns, beaches, ski resorts, and rural farmland that feel light-years away from the city lights. Toronto sits at the eastern edge of Southern Ontario, a region that makes up no more than 15% of the province but is home to nearly 95% of the population and most of its major attractions. Head north and you hit the Muskokas and Algonquin, west for Stratford, and south–southwest to Niagara Falls and the Niagara Wine Region.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe